Maximum opening 6 1/2" (159 mm). The Gardner-Wells skull traction is a device for applying skeletal traction to the cervical spine. When used as directed, the device provides a simple and effective means to utilize traction in establishing normal alignment of the cervical spine.
The tong can be applied without the need to shave, incise or drill. It can be used in children as well as adults
- For protection of the points during storage and in order to observe the action of the spring, the points should be advanced into the ends of the metal tube that is provided.
- The rigid coronal bar follows the contour of the calvarium.
- A threaded hole at each end accomodates the screws for advancement of the cone-shaped points through the scalp to the outer table.
- The points are tilted in the direction of pull so that with traction they do not tend to pull out.
- A spring enclosed within one of the points indicates the squeezing pressure.
- #66-1025 Traction Tongs
- #66-1026 Adjustment Nuts
- #66-1027 S-Hook
- #66-1028 Test Bar