Lightweight silicone ring that both exsanguinates and occludes the limb as it is unrolled for surgery of the upper and lower limbs
How it Works:
- Designed to provide a clear sterile field for either proximal or distal upper & lower extremity operations
- Comes in four sizes with circumference ranging from 14-90 cm
- Maintenance-free, single-patient,sterile device
- Replaces the Esmarch bandage, the pneumatic tourniquet cuff, the padding used between the cuff and the skin, a sterile cover, or cleaning and sterilization; as well as the pneumatic hardware (including compressor, regulator, tubing, and periodic calibration)
- Replaces the U-Drape and the sterile stockinette
The surgeon simply places the ring on the fingers (or toes) of the patient and then pulls the pull straps proximally. The silicone ring rolls up the limb while the stockinet sleeve covers it, exerting enough pressure to remove the blood and then block it at the occlusion site. Once applied, HemaClear becomes a sterile, single use, latex-free surgical field cover.